This guide offers a comprehensive, step-by-step tutorial on how to configure and build an iOS app on cloud build service.
Before beginning the process of releasing your app, ensure that it meets Apple’s App Review Guidelines.
In order to publish your app to the App Store, you must first enroll in the Apple Developer Program. You can read more about the various membership options in Apple’s Choosing a Membership guide.
Register your app on App Store Connect
Manage your app’s life cycle on App Store Connect (formerly iTunes Connect). You define your app name and description, add screenshots, set pricing, and manage releases to the App Store and TestFlight.
Registering your app involves two steps: registering a unique Bundle ID, and creating an application record on App Store Connect.
For a detailed overview of App Store Connect, see the App Store Connect guide.
Register a Bundle ID
Every iOS application is associated with a Bundle ID, a unique identifier registered with Apple. To register a Bundle ID for your app, follow these steps:
- Open the App IDs page of your developer account.
- Click + to create a new Bundle ID.
- Enter an app name, select Explicit App ID, and enter an ID.
- Select the services your app uses, then click Continue.
- On the next page, confirm the details and click Register to register your Bundle ID.
Create an application record on App Store Connect
Register your app on App Store Connect:
- Open App Store Connect in your browser.
- On the App Store Connect landing page, click My Apps.
- Click + in the top-left corner of the My Apps page, then select New App.
- Fill in your app details in the form that appears. In the Platforms section, ensure that iOS is checked. Since Flutter does not currently support tvOS, leave that checkbox unchecked. Click Create.
- Navigate to the application details for your app and select App Information from the sidebar.
- In the General Information section, select the Bundle ID you registered in the preceding step.
For a detailed overview, see Add an app to your account.